10/7/10

"There's nothing wrong with dreams"

 
  So I've seen quite a few movies over the past month, some of which were good and some of which were surprisingly GREAT. One movie that caught me off guard and wound up much exceeding my expectations was The Town, directed by Ben Affleck (who also played the lead as Doug MacRay). The movie looked good enough from the trailers, but the story line along with the acting chops of not only Ben Affleck and many others, but up-and-comer Jeremy Renner who's believability and portrayal of James Coughlin took the movie to another level. Even Blake Lively, who of course I am a fan of but was kinda doubting her ability to earnestly portray a drug addicted mother who is a victim of environment, did an unbelievable job in the moments of agony and desperation. The movie was fast paced and held true to it's promise of action and many twists and turns, but it also had moments of hilariousness and passion fueled thrill. This is definitely my top pick for movies of the moment, and Ben Affleck definitely earned some credibility in the directing department with this amazingly crafted story within a film.


  I also just recently saw my first 3-D IMAX movie, and it definitely lived up to the hype. I saw The Legend of The Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole; and let me be the first to say that this is much more than a movie for the kids. I actually saw this on a date with my boyfriend, and we were both completely entranced by the movie in it's entirety, but even more so with each unique character and their drive, passion, and sheer belief of the possibilities within each individual's grasp. It's a quality many of us lose once we grow past childhood, but its movies and stories like these that reignite that dormant fire within us; that push us to believe and imagine and have hope for the future. I'd definitely have to say that the extra bucks it costs to see the movie in IMAX 3D are well worth it.



If you've seen either of these movies, let me know what you thought of them; and if you haven't-then you better get on thaaatt  !

XXSea

images and video via pinoyhalo.com, filmofilia.com, and youtube.com

2 comments:

  1. i am dying to see the town. also your name is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should definitely see it, and thanks love-yours is beautiful as well !

    xxSea

    ReplyDelete